How do you strike that perfect balance between employees that desperatley need to take time off and the ones that call off work once a week? Having a good Attendance Tracking program is key, but that in itself is not enough. Having the ability to document employee actions and behavior and the ability to Review this with employees is critical to maintaining the right balance.
Ways to tell if someone desperately needs vacation:
- Have you seen an increasing change in the behavior of an employee where they seem to be less tolerant of other people than they were before.
- is this the type of employee that doesn’t know how to say NO? They continue to take on more and more projects without regard to their own sanity. As their manager, it is up to you to intervene before this get’s to a breaking point.
- You need to have a good Workforce Management Software product that tracks Employee Attendance. This gives you the ability to easily analyze and see if employees are taking their vacation. See how long its been. If it has been 6 months or longer maybe this person needs to take a few days or even a week off. Encourage them to go somewhere and get away completely.
- You need to be communicating and measuring Employee Performance on a regular basis. Set Goals, Perform regular Employee Reviews, and think these hard working employees. Maybe if someone would occasionally give them a pat on the back they would be able to give themselves a break for a change.
- Have a clear chain of command. Sometimes an employee can be overworked, confused, and brought to a breaking point because they are being pulled in so many directions. In a well organized company, all direction for day to day tasks should come from their direct manager.
Really the key to making sure employees take time off when needed is good communication and an effective Workforce Management Tool
for tracking Employee Attendance, Employee Reviews, Goals, and much more. ManagerAssistant.com
offers two products HRweb
and ManagerAssistant 3.0
that can help with this. We encourage you to try our 14 day demo at no risk
and take the first step to restoring sanity to your organization.
The difference between an organization with and without Employee Performance Management is like Night and Day. There is no comparison in the level of efficiency and the attitude of employees. Running a company without Performance Management Software is as foolish as running your car without changing your oil. It will run, but not very efficiently, and it will eventually fail.
Top 5 Ways to Improve Productivity:
- Meet with your employees at least once a year to set Goals. These goals should be measurable and contribute in some way to the overall Company Goals.
- Measure Goals periodically throughout the year. It would be good to check goals at least monthly to make sure the employees are on track. Find out what assistance / training they might need to get them back on track. There is little benefit in springing everything on them at the end of the year.
- Have Employees participate in their own Performance Review commonly referred to as self accessment or self Review.
- Review Employee Accessment, Goal results, and examine other data such as Attendance, Training, Accomplishments, etc..
- Do a Good thorough and honest Employee Review and have a constructive discussion with your employees. Now you are in a position to plan Goals and determine metrics for your next Review Period.
As you can see Employee Performance Management
is more than just doing a Review. It’s a process
that if implemented correctly can help your organization operate at its fullest level of efficiency. ManagerAssistant.com
has products that can help you do Employee Reviews
and manage all aspects of Employee Behavior. Sign up for a 14 day demo today at no risk.
Whoops! Where has the time gone? Time to get that Employee Review Software implemented and put to good use. Why do you think so many people wait till January to implement their Employee Management Software applications? Human nature, maybe fear of confrontation, or just plain old procrastination.
5 Tips to get your Employee Reviews off to a good start:
- Make sure your employee review software is implemented and functional. Of course if you haven’t purchased yet, click here for our recommendations.
- Make sure you have Goals, Previous Employee Reviews, Attendance reports, Employee Accomplishments and any other supporting material ready to Review.
- Meet with your Employees to set the right expectations and explain Employee Review ratings and criteria. So everybody understands and is on the same page.
- Get input from other Staff to include getting Employees to do a self Review. It’s best to get this done before you write your Employee Review.
- If you have an easy to use product such as HRweb or ManagerAssistant from ManagerAssistant.com the rest should be elementary. Our products give you the ability to write professional quality Reviews in a few minutes. A simple interface, Ready to Insert phrases, and great support.
Now get to work and make this year your most productive year
for managing your employees. Get started by getting the right Employee Review Software
. Try our products for 14 days at no risks
. Happy New Year!
Are you running for the door at the thought of doing an Employee Annual Review? There are many reasons why we procastinate, run away, and have nightmares about dong Employee Reviews.
Here are 5 tips that will have you running towards your responsibilities:
- Communicate regularly throughout the year so you are creating a reasonable expectation and have an understanding by the employee. The anxiety between the manager and the employee is caused entirely by a lack of communication. We fear confrontation so we let the issues build without saying anything. The next thing you know it’s Employee Review time again.
- Plan Ahead – maintain documentation throughout the year. Know what categories and ratings criteria will be used and share this information with your employees.
- Be Fair, but be Strong – you owe it to your employee, your organization, and yourself to be honest about your employee evaluations. A Performance Review that doesn’t truly reflect reality will haunt you.
- Be Objective – put your emotions on hold and give your employee reviews based on facts. Give Employees what they deserve.
- Implement an Employee Performance Management Solution that will enable you to do your job easily. It should be easy to use and let you customize your categories / ratings criteria to your companies needs. This is the key to being organized and having the proper documentation all in one place. Do yourself a favor and try one of our products at ManagerAssistant.com
“Where’s my Christmas Bonus?” If your employees are asking you this question then are many issues that need to be addressed. Starting with your Performance Evaluation System.
The Christmas bonus example is just one example of what happens when employees aren’t given goals and proper Employee Reviews are not conducted regularly. Employees will take for granite their bonuses after awhile and in their minds it is part of their salary. They plan for it.
I am sure most have seen the Chevy Chase movie “Christmas Vacation” where Chevy Chase’s character loses his mind when his expected bonus comes through in the form of the “Jelly of the Month” club or something like that. He had plans of building a fabalous pool and fantacised about it often. Set proper expectations with your employees and avoid this common mistake.
5 Steps to Avoid Christmas Bonus Awkwardness:
- Set clear expectations about what goals need to be achieved by the employee and company.
- Set Reasonable expectations for the amount of bonuses and how bonuses are calculated. No surprises – discuss this as early in the year as possible.
- Give performance based bonuses when possible. This is the best case scenario because the bonus nor the amount are considered automatic.
- Regular communication and updates throughout the year so that employees can understand their progress in obtaining their goal.
- Regular Employee Reviews. Have a Performance Evaluation System in place.
We encourage to obtain and implement a Performance Evaluation System
that suits your organization best. ManagerAssistant.com
has 2 products that are easy to use and affordable. If you do not have a Performance Management Software
application in place, we encourage you to try our product at no risk
and get the new year off to a good start.
If you are pressed to do your next Performance Review, don’t lose your sanity. Here are some tips for making your next Employee Reviews much easier.
- Don’t put off those difficult Employee Reviews that you dread so much. Do the ones that you dread most first and reduce your stress greatly. Human nature is to put off as long as possible, but by fighting that tendency you can make your Performance Management process a walk in the park.
- Set clear concise goals with your employees in advance. This will reduce the stress and the shock on the employees. Employee Review time is not the time to set Goals retroactively
- Keep it simple – Stick to the facts. Sometimes less is more. if you don’t get too carried away with having too many Employee Review categories, the categories you choose will have more weight and importance. Too many categories will dilute the Employee Review.
- Make sure your Employee Management Software has an easy to use Employee Appraisal application. This will reduce your many hours into a few minutes.
This time of year is always rushed and stressful with the holidays and the new year right around the corner. Have your Employees’ Annual Reviews
well planned and organized ahead of time. Most importantly, you need an Employee Performance Review solution
application that’s going to make your life easier. HRweb
are products offered by us at ManagerAssistant.com
. Take a moment and download a 14 day demo
. Do a Performance Review for free.
Below we are going to outline the top 5 ways to make your Performance Evaluation System effective.
- Identify the rating criteria and categories to be used with your Employee Performance Reviews
- Plan ahead – Give yourself ample time. Employee Reviews that are rushed are filled with inacuracies. It is not fair to the employee or your organization.
- Set Concise Goals – Sometime before the Review period starts you should set Goals with each employee. It is important to be clear about your expectations and objectives.
- Make sure your Employee Reviews are balanced and honest. You owe it to your employees and your organization to be honest. However, avoid being dramatic or exaggerating issues. It is important to be objective. Make sure you point out accomplishments. Don’t turn it into a gripe session.
- Make sure you have implemented an easy to use and effective Performance Management Solution such as HRweb or ManagerAssistant for example. These are products that are available through our company ManagerAssistant.com.
The items above may seem like common sense, but they are commonly overlooked. It has become way too common for Individual Employee Appraisals
to be rushed, sloppy, disorganized. Your employees will be telling each other what a joke the Employee Review
process has become. Now is the time to make sure you have a product like HRweb
or ManagerAssistant 3.0
. It’s that time of the year!
Time to get control of your employees. We encourage you to evaluate our products by signing up for a 14 day evaluation
. Don’t take our word for it, check it out yourself